Haritaki or Kadukaai is the drink of the Gods. It is said in ancient scriptures that the Haritaki came to life when a nectar drop fell from the cup of Indra, the King of heaven.
Haritaki – The Wonder Medicine for the Brain
Paramahamsa Nithyananda has announced the Haritaki as the wonder medicine for the brain. This discovery is one of the biggest gifts to humanity, which can rapidly heal numerous diseases and ailments.
1. The Cure All Herb – The Master has termed Kadukkai Podi as ‘Sarva Roga Nivarani’ (‘that which heals all diseases’) in Sanskrit. For centuries, Ayurveda healers have called Haritaki the ‘king of medicines’. Ayurvedic healers believe it exists to destroy all diseases, eliminates all waste from the body, and promote tissue growth and health.
In the vedic tradition, the word ‘roga’ not just implies to physical diseases, but also extends to all sufferings that make us powerless, and thus out-of-integrity – physically, mentally, consciously. This wonder-medicine removes the body’s toxins in a natural way and makes one more energetic. It also purifies the blood and removes fat residues from the arteries and veins. It heals diabetes, hypertension and heart problems. It helps the vision to become sharp.
2. Weeding Out the Root Patterns – Made of the powdered nut of the kadukka tree native to India, this medicine works in a subtle way on the mind as well, wiping away all the engraved memories (samskaras) and negative mental patterns, helping one to become aware of the inauthenticities, and complete with their root patterns.
3. Awakening Non-Mechanical Parts of the Brain – It enhances the build-up of prana, a subtle energy which awakens the non-mechanical parts of the brain, making the brain and body fresh and alive. When the non-mechanical parts of the brain are awakened, it makes one more capable, sensitive and intelligent, and the person starts growing in awareness. With these new capabilities, when one receives the higher truths, they are absorbed more easily. The person starts using and applying the great truths and understandings as a key to every situation. This kind of psychological revolution helps one reorganize one’s thoughts and activities towards a more healthy, joyful and ecstatic life based on the newer understandings.
4. Body-Mind Rejuvanation – Haritaki helps in the intellect, the strength of the body, stimulates the senses and aids to expel the urine, stool and other waste material from the body easily, rejuvenating the body. The gargles with the decoction of Haritaki Powder soothes the throat. It is a digestive aid. It helps in the pulmonary system of the body. It is also very beneficial for gums. It improves digestion, promotes the absorption of nutrients, and regulates colon function.
In the Words of the Master
Paramahamsa Nithyananda reveals the immaculate properties, and physical, mental and spiritual benefits of the Haritaki.
“The oxygen level in the blood increases to 300%. The whole stomach gets cleansed. That is one thing. The main thing is the whole blood becomes pure. 300% oxygen means equivalent to 2 hours of Pranayama.
Your whole ulcer gets healed. The stomach has subtle small ulcers. The whole ulcer gets healed. Mouth ulcer, stomach ulcer, gets healed. And the oxygen level in the blood drastically increases.
The laziness, sleep comes down. Feels like as if you have done 2 hours of Pranayama. So do not miss Kadukai podi in powder. Don’t take as a legyam and all just Kadukai podi one teaspoon. Somehow swallow and drink the water. It is a ‘Sarvaroga Nivarani’. Just like morning neem juice, night Kadukai podi. Night Kadukai podi. Your blood pressure, diabetes everything becomes normal.
If you have mouth smell, take Kadukkai podi for three days, it will be healed. Mouth smells only because of stomach ulcers and the heat. You may be from any background, Kadukkai podi is the healer of all deceases. Kadukai podi increases your longevity. The power of the Kadukkai podi – it just makes you young.”
Every day before going to bed take 1 tbsp of Haritaki powder. Take the raw powder into the mouth. You can even use your finger and brush it all over your mouth, like brushing. Please take it gently and allow it to fully mix with your saliva. Then, simply drink water, and gargle down the water. While Haritaki has its unique taste during intake, within few minutes, you will enjoy the nectarine sweet flavor.
When to Take – Just before going to bed. Niraharis never miss Haritaki powder and can repeat intake in morning, or anytime during the day to regulate body heat, and clean up their stomach.
Nirhari Tip – Begin your day with Neem Juice, and end your day with Haritaki powder. This completes the Pancha Kriya cleansing regime, as per direct instructions of the Master. This is a must for any Nirahari particpant, or ones living the Nirahari lifestyle. Once you begin taking Haritaki, you will experience such clean, light, cool feeling, that you will not miss it a single day. You will have a clean mouth when you wake-up.
Availability – At Nithyananda Gallarias worldwide, or at Ayurvedic, herbal medical stores.
Haritaki in Nithyananda Lineage
The Master has declared Haritaki as a prasada, a sacred offering to the divine, and shared with all. Kadukkai powder routine is a gift to the Nithyananda lineage from the Madurai Aadhenam lineage, which also directly sources its roots from Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati as ‘Sundareswarar and Meenakshi’. Paramahamsa Nithyananda, as the 293rd pontiff of Madurai Aadheenam has gifted this rare practice to His disciple lineage.
It is served at all Nithyananda Ashrams, temples, and centers as a blessing from the divine. Anyone living spiritual practices should intake Haritaki.
The power of Haritaki is recorded in ‘Chikitsa Sthana’, the special therapy section of the the early Ayurvedic text, the “Charaka Samhita”, or the ‘Compendium of Charaka’ dating back to 300 B.C. Ayurveda is the sacred science of longevity, hoslitic health, wellbeing in the vedic tradition.
More About Haritaki
Botanical name : Terminalia chebula Retz. & Willd. (Combretaceae)
Sanskrit Name: Haritaki, Abhaya, Pathya
Vernacular Names: Chebulic myrobalan (English), Harda (Hindi), Analekai (Kannada), Kadukai (Malayalam), Kadukaai (Tamil), Kaduka (Telugu)
Part used: Fruit
- Taste (Rasa): Astringent (Kashaya), sour (Amla), sweet (Madhura), pungent (Katu) and bitter (Tikta)
- Property (Guna): Light (Laghu), dry (Ruksha)
- Potency (Veerya): Sweet (Madhura)
- Post digestive effect (Vipaka): Sweet (Madhura)
- Actions (Karma): Alleviates vitiation of all 3 doshas (Tridosha hara)
Significant rejuvenative actions (Rasayana Karmas):
Appetizer and digestive (Dipana- Pachana), promotes longevity (Ayushya), cures anemia (Pandughna), cures diabetes (Pramehaghna), enhances memory (Buddhiprada), enhances strength of sense organs (Indriya balaprada), eases passage of waste products (Anulomana)