My name is Teo Siew Yong, currently based in Singapore. I am 43 years old, married, and with a 9 year-old son.
I am the Founder of Your Presence Heals (www.yourpresenceheals.com) , a space devoted to educate and share the sacred knowledge and experiences of self healing and self discovery with people who are ready to look within. My work involves sharing with people about the power of our presence and body intelligence in healing by combining the tools of Western somatic practice with ancient sacred knowledge of yoga and meditation.
In June 2012, I signed up for the first batch of the Nirahara Samyama and went through a 20-day initiation process by Swamiji. I first started with 2 days fasting for 1st level living only on water, then breaking fast for 2 days, resumed fasting for 7 days in the 2nd level living on water and little juice, then took another break for 3 days and finally completed successfully the last level of fasting for 11 days.
My family members, who were concerned about my health, asked if I did it for weight loss purpose. Nope, honestly weight loss was the last thing on my mind. My primary motivation was to break free from my food-related mental patterns which had kept me in slavery for years. I wanted a breakthrough in my consciousness to have a complete freedom to grace food whenever I wish, not because I need to.
After having gone through this process successfully, I can say that this is, by far, the most powerful process which I had attempted. I would like to share my amazing experience with my readers :-
- Feeling highly energetic. One of the benefits of awakening this bio-memory was that the whole day, I felt highly energetic and I was able to continue my regular work or routine without any disruption. I remembered only on the 2nd day, I was feeling a little low in energy as I had 3 yoga classes to teach that day and also my body was still balancing itself. But most of the time, I felt a kind of reasonless joy and excitement constantly bubbling inside me.
- Breaking food-related patterns. There were certain food related mental patterns that I was stuck with such as a tendency to snack and dump food during moments of restlessness or boredom, a pre-occupation with food, a desire for sense pleasure for taste. It was only by going through this yogic process that I was able to break free from these hangover patterns related to food from external source. I was able to cook meals for my family and watching them eat in front of me without any temptation to eat. Another amazing experience was that I was able to differentiate true hunger signal from my body vs. greed from the growling stomach.
- Constantly being in awareness. I started to experience this vibrant awareness in my inner space the moment I entered into the 2nd level process for 7 days. The whole body and inner space were constantly infused with so much prana shakti (life energy) and I really felt so alive and healthy! This process made me go beyond the ordinary bound-body consciousness. By not supplying regular food to my body, all my organs including the non-mechanical parts of the brain got awakened to the truth and the purification of my essence started happening.
- Mystical experiences. I noticed that during my morning sadhana (practice), there were some of the most interesting mystical experiences. There was once I saw all the pores of my skin were radiating rays of golden light from within and every single cell became alive with prana. Another time I had a vision of myself being a Banyan Tree, I literally stopped breathing for a few minutes and like a tree, I was able to experience intense prana entering my body. Then I was engulfed by waves of bliss and feeling a lightness of being. The power of visualisation through the Superconscious kicked in and I could see from my inner eye that I was growing luscious Banyan tree leaves and each leaf was producing its own food for this body from the sun rays and ether.
- Glowing Skin & losing unnecessary fats. By the end of 20-days, I lost about 6 kg. Interestingly, the weight began to stablise towards the end of the samyama which was a sign that my body is producing food on its own. In the initial level, the stored fat melted away and many of the unnecessary things like toxin started to leave my system. The moment my system innate intelligence of creating prana directly from the space was awakened, the body started to be transformed. Another bonus was some of my students noticed the radiance and glow on my skin besides the weight loss.
- Higher chance of survival in disasters. After this bio-memory is awakened, if ever I were to encounter some disasters, I can easily survive without food and water for at least 7-10 days in emergency situations. This is such a great gift and blessing to have this special yogic power in times of crisis.
After the mystical expereince in my first attempt in June, I wanted this samyama to be bolted into my bio-memory, so I attended Inner Awakening & THE Samyama initiation in December 2012! After THE samyama completion, there is a new level of restful awareness in my inner space.
One thing I learned to keep the hunger pangs at bay is to be occupied intensely with work and commitment, enriching people in my breathing space. When I keep myself busy, the feeling of boredom to eat is reduced significantly. I also experienced the prana flow at the frontal lobe of the right brain and throat area at times.
On 22 Jan, I had an extraordinary experience. As usual after my sadhana, I would sit to connect to the Ananda Gandha space, chanting ajapajapa of Guru mantra/unclutching/feeling connection and then also Banyan Tree visualisation. After a while, I noticed my breathing just automatically ceased but I could still feel the prana entering into my body like a tree would breathe. The next moment I realised my inner space expanded as a witnessing consciousness – not breathing but lots of prana, in that space only a blissful energy oozes out of my Being. I was able to undestand the energy and silence of the sacred Banyan Tree. Even though it was only for a short few minutes, the whole morning this energy of bliss filled my Being & Ananda Gandha. By becoming a Nirahari, it has become much easier to enter into the altered state of consciousness.
Another siddhi (power) that I notice is the powerful of visualisation before things happen. Topics for my new articles would appear in my inner space and I would get it done! Things have become much more intuitive for me with my life, I always trust the message from this intuitive space.
From my own experience, I come to believe that Nirahara Samyama is a gift from the Divine to help humanity to be liberated from the food related patterns and also it is a technique to evolve one’s consciousness. I also believe that many extraordinary powers will be unleashed with this tapas. This will create a totally new species of human beings on planet earth! Come on & join the party! 🙂
Teo Siew Yong
Founder, Your Presence Heals
Other Ways of Learning Pte Ltd